Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tuesday's Tot Craft Time: Haunted House


About 2 or 3 years ago I bought two foam Halloween kits during the after Halloween sale.  My oldest wasn't interested in making them, so they sat in storage.  When going through our box of Halloween decorations yesterday, my 3 year old found them and wanted to make them.


Of course I had to put the haunted house together, and then we had to wait for the glue to dry.  But then he got to decorate the house.  Thankfully most of the decorations were stickers.  There was some glueing involved though.


He had a lot of fun decorating it, and now we have another cute Halloween decoration for years to come.


When picking these foam kits, remember that you might have to do the prep work.  Look carefully at it and see if your child can actually help make it or at least decorate it.


We ran into that problem with the pirate ship.  It was a pain in the butt to put together.  I had to hold items in place while the glue dried.  Then there was barely anything to decorate it with.  So my son didn't actually work on it.


But he still likes it.  Here he is being a monster.

2 comments: