Monday, September 13, 2010
Yesterday I made a new Halloween wreath. I wrapped a wooden wreath frame with vhs tape. Then I drew on some white and orange plastic bottle caps with a Sharpie marker. Next I spray painted some fake flowers with black spray paint (after separating the flowers from the stems). Then I found some used webs from last Halloween (with dried leaves stuck in it), and I hot glued it to the frame. I also found some toy spiders. I arranged all of the items and hot glued them on the frame. On the back, I glued on a black plastic bottle ring and put some vhs tape over it to secure it in place. That allowed me to hang the wreath easily. I'm not real happy with how it looks. I'm thinking of pulling off the bottle caps and covering the whole thing with black fake flowers. However the making of this was a test to see if I can start filming my t.v. show from home. My husband bought me a new video camera, because he can't stand the way my laptop videos look. Now to edit the videos that I filmed yesterday. If you are new to my blog, I have my own local access t.v. show about being green. You can watch some of shows on my you tube channel (link on the right hand side of my blog). One more thing about this wreath, I made it using only items in my home (including the black spray paint).
This is still my favorite Halloween wreath. Two years ago I bought 2 plain black wreaths on sale after Halloween. Then last year I decorated this one with plastic bottle caps, ribbon, and a broken Halloween decoration.
I decorated this wreath last year with 2 spools of ribbon and some plastic skulls and hands. The skulls and hands were bought for $2 from the Dollar Tree, and the ribbon was $1 each from the craft store.